Pre-sale on Gumroad
- Write copy not content, copy successful gumroad products of a similar category
- Generate a placeholder PDF with a deadline as a product to be sold
- Set price as %X or pay as you want
- Post on kind, small communities
Everyone Can Build a Twitter Audience
Cyber Sale: $25 $40 Over the past 14 months, my Twitter account has grown from 150 to 24,000 followers (now 110,000+). How did I do it? First, the backstory: Last year I left a cushy job at Amazon to work for myself. But then I realized that my reputation only existed at the companies I'd worked for.
- Brain dump everything onto 1 Google Doc
- Pretend like you are writing to 1 ideal reader
- Google Doc is also great b/c there’s offline access, easy commenting system, version control
- Follow Daniel Vassallo’s advice
- Use Page Sizer Add-On to make the page 6” x 9”
Page Sizer - Google Workspace Marketplace
Easily set custom page sizes for your documents. Works with: Overview Permissions Reviews Page Sizer is a utility allowing you to specify custom page sizes in Google Docs. Sizes may be specified in points, inches, or millimeters. Page Sizer is an open-source project.
- Blurb.com uses 6” x 9” for printed copies too
- Create Table of Contents with sections, move brain dumps to each section
- Refer to a published book you admire to see what sections you need
- If the ideas require a certain logical order, group similar ideas, place each idea onto a post-it note (or use Miro) and arrange them
- Remove any points that do not add to the content, save the points into a separate Google Doc just in case
- Use Acknowledge, Compare, Reframe Framework for the introduction
- At this point, seek feedback from friends to see if the structure makes sense
Write Some More
- Start cranking out words, working one section at a time
- Add a visual analogy to each point if possible
- Periodically check if I am following Simone Silverstein’s One-Pager writing guide
- If desired, change the way links appear using Link Style Add-On
Link Style - Google Workspace Marketplace
Customise the style of hyperlinks in your document. Works with: Overview Permissions Reviews Link Style allows you to customise the appearance of hyperlinks in your documents. Simply select some text whose style attributes you want applied to your hyperlinks, then go to 'Add-ons→Link Style→Update link style to match'.
- Review using Pro Writing Aid
- Save as a PDF
- Read draft on an iPhone
ProWritingAid Grammar Checker and Writing Coach - Google Workspace Marketplace
ProWritingAid Grammar Checker and Writing Coach For the smarter writer. A grammar checker, style editor, and writing mentor in one package. Learn how to improve your writing. Also includes a plagiarism checker. Listing updated:May 9, 2022 Works with: Overview Permissions Reviews ProWritingAid is your online writing editor and personal writing coach.
- TBH I had a bit of issue with this last part! Theoretically customers should get an email with a button that links them to the content, but for some reason mine didn’t appear. So I resent another email with a Dropbox link.
Buy my book here
Debug Your Meditation: Transform Your Practice from a Chore to "I Want More!"
I used to find meditation a chore. It was something I "should" do because it was "good for me." 🙄Now, meditation is the best part of my day. 😀 What changed?First, the backstory: I devoted 10 years of my life to understanding how the human mind works as a neuroscientist PhD.