- How can one use Zoom's superior virtual background options with Discord/Google Meet/Skype/LINE, on a Mac?
- Download and install OBS (which will provide the "virtual camera" for us here)
- Enable OBS permission to record Zoom:
- Settings → Security & Privacy → Screen Recording and checking the box for OBS
- Open Zoom, set up virtual background as you'd like, and start a meeting by yourself
- Open OBS and add "Windows Capture" as an input source
- Create New → Choose Zoom Meeting as the Window in the dropdown
- Adjust Zoom window as you'd like in OBS (I like to make it larger so that you don't see the Zoom control buttons)
- Click Start Virtual Camera
- Settings → Voice & Video → Video Settings → Choosse OBS Virtual Camera in Camera dropdown
- If you don't see OBS Virtual Camera as an option, "fix" Discord by entering below in terminal.app:
- Other Apps:
- I tested this and it works with Google Meet, Skype, and LINE.
- This system should theoretically work with any video chat/conferencing systems that accept virtual cameras.
- 🌊 Flow Club:
- Sadly it seems to use too much CPU this way and is unusably laggy ☹️ XSplit VCam does work but it doesn't render the "edges" as nicely as Zoom...
- NeoCryptor's ★ NO GREEN SCREEN NO PROBLEM - OBS LIFE HACK video for the idea of using Zoom and OBS together
- These OBS forum threads for solving Mac-specific problems: