stand up paddling
1. Mama's Fish House (Paia) - https://www.yelp.com/biz/mamas-fish-house-restaurant-paia
- This is further north closer to the airport but one of Yelp's top 100 restaurants
2. Tasaka Guri Guri - https://www.yelp.com/biz/tasaka-guri-guri-shop-kahului
- Also closer to the airport, but a local favorite and super cheap, albeit cash only (it's less than $2 for a couple scoops). It's within a shopping mall. Your kids will love it!
3. Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice - https://www.yelp.com/biz/ululanis-hawaiian-shave-ice-lahaina
- Also further north but some of the best shave ice on the island. Get with li hing mui. The next few Lahaina places are pretty close to where you'll be in Kaanapali!
4. Lahaina Grill - https://www.yelp.com/biz/lahaina-grill-lahaina
- Another on the northwest of the island closer to the airport, but another on the Yelp top 100.
5. Shark Pit - https://www.yelp.com/biz/shark-pit-maui-lahaina
- Another on the Yelp top 100. Shrimp tacos are a must.
6. Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop - https://www.yelp.com/biz/leodas-kitchen-and-pie-shop-lahaina
- I came here for the pie, and it was delish. It's kind of off the beaten path for parking, but another on the yelp top 100 that's about 20-25 minutes from Wailea.
7. Ka'ana Kitchen - https://www.yelp.com/biz/kaana-kitchen-kihei-2
- Some argue this is the best restaurant in Kihei.
8. Monkeypod Kitchen - https://www.yelp.com/biz/monkeypod-kitchen-by-merriman-kihei
- Cocktails are good, supposedly. Two happy hours to consider going to (3-530 and 9-11), and they have a raw bar mixed plate with poke
9. Nick's Fish Market - https://www.yelp.com/biz/nicks-fishmarket-wailea-2
- Go for happy hour from 5-7pm (here's the menu: http://www.nicksfishmarketmaui.com/wp-content/uploads/nicks-fishmarket-maui-happyhour-menu.pdf). Get the kalua pig pot stickers and the hawaiian ceviche.
10. Morimoto - https://www.yelp.com/biz/morimoto-maui-wailea
- To get your sushi fix, although probably overpriced.
11. Pint and Cork - https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pint-and-cork-kihei
- A new restaurant in Kihei that looks like it has a lot of promise...may be worth checking out.
12. Honolulu Coffee - https://www.yelp.com/biz/honolulu-coffee-wailea
- Acai bowls and coffee.
13. Honolulu Cookie Company - https://www.yelp.com/biz/honolulu-cookie-company-kihei
- If you need some gifts to bring back for family/friends, here's a great place to go.
14. Caffe Ciao - https://www.yelp.com/biz/caffe-ciao-wailea
- Another place for acai bowls and coffee, if staying at this hotel.
15. Island Gourmet Markets - https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/island-gourmet-markets-wailea
- Kinda like an ABC store, but they have a place that sells musubis, acai bowls, coffee, and poke