- Your awareness of your body is your MVP for meditation, as opposed to your mind/thinking 🧠
- How can one settle into one’s body, especially while on the computer all day?
- Why? It’s an easier entry point: as a creator, your mind is naturally quite active, whereas your body stores calm & stillness
- Guide awareness to your feet first 👣 actively spread your toes apart and feel them on the ground
- Then bring your awareness to your neck and head through self-massage 💆
- Allow natural calm & stillness to be noticed
The Science Behind This Practice - The nervous system is not just the 🧠, but distributed throughout your body (think about the spinal cord, the nerves around your organs…) - Awareness and attention is more easily activated through sensory stimulation
The Spirituality Behind This Practice (Buddhist Perspective) - The Buddha taught and emphasized body awareness as the basis for meditation - The Body is the first of 4 Foundations of Mindfulness