- Treat yourself as your best customer, not your employee to boss around
- We didn’t quit working for other people…to end up working for our “inner boss” 🙂
- Why? Procrastination arises from parts of ourselves unheard. Unblock yourself through true listening.
- Ask yourself questions just like a good user interview: without judgement or pre-emptively designing “features.”
- Bring up a task you have been dreading.
- “Don’t know, don’t do, just listen”
- Name one of the physical discomforts that arises.
- Actively soothe that part of your body through awareness and touch (if possible)
The Science Behind This Practice - The body keeps the score: anxiety is often associated with an unnamed bodily discomfort - Internal Family Systems model is a psychotherapeutic approach that views the mind as discrete personality parts and promotes inner harmony
The Spirituality Behind This Practice (Buddhist Perspective) - One of the Five Hindrances to stillness listed by the Buddha is “restlessness and worry” - Feelings is the second of 4 Foundations of Mindfulness