Apr 16, 2023 8:44 PM
Speaker: Naz (Pup's Newsletter)
- Use Revue b/c there's the least resistance to get Twitter → Newsletter conversion
- <Writer's note: I'm sad b/c there does not appear to be substack integration on Zapier..time to migrate>
- Danny Oak: I've made a similar thing with substack… it still involves manual work, but I did a Zap from Revue to Google Sheets, and then I copy the contacts from Sheets to Substack...
- Focus on the content - use polls, questionnaires - as the audience grows, try to understand what they want, review analytics too
- Content structure is different from Twitter, and contains information that IS NOT publicly shared for exclusivity
- Naz uses Revue for fintweet audience and Substack for personal.
- Use linktree (or similar tool) for links if one has multiple newsletters
- Starting out → test 1-2 platforms and see what gains the most traction.
- Branch out from the platform after 1-2K followers
- If content is video → tiktok, likedin
- If content is picture → Instagram
- Use Twitter spaces to build community (maybe WOP?)
- Pre/baby newsletter: optimize name, frequency, tagline, format, process
- With LinkedIn, lure them in with sentences above the fold, then get them to subscribe to read the rest!
- Simone shared: Here is the information Christine Carrillo wrote on this topic (Revue + Twitter + Convertkit). Not for everyone, but there are likely helpful nuggets here relevant to our convo. https://write-of-passage.circle.so/c/the-feedback-gym/newsletters-revue-on-twitter-profile-convertkit