2021-11-03 Live Session 1
- Creative output system, not a storage system
- We are moving from the age of attention to the age of perspective. Perspective is the currency.
- Recommend ONLY adding stuff to the second brain that is valued, use a read later app instead for everything else
My 12 Favorite Problems (Copied from Write of Passage Cohort 7)
- How can I balance the drive for self-improvement and helping others, against unskillful attachment and clinging to desired conditions and outcomes?
- How can I share with others what I perceive may be of benefit and encourage uptake, without being a snake oil salesman (or having the fear of being perceived as one, stop me from sharing?)
- How can I share more of myself with my family without the anxiety or fear of causing them suffering and worry?
- How can I balance interactions with the wider world versus cultivating inner qualities that lead to freedom?
- How can I worry less about not being a perfectly enlightened being who is equipped to talk about spiritual topics, and embrace that I'm a flawed human being instead?
- How can I be wise about how I spend my effort in helping others to optimize impact?
- How can I shorten the distance between having an idea and sharing it? (Includes: better writing and storytelling skills, cultivating an audience, etc.)
- How can I do a better job looking after myself financially so that I will not be a burden to others when I am old and/or sick?
- How can I optimize my mental and physical health/energy on a day-to-day basis to reach my goals?
- What can I do to leave lasting positive impact on the world, after I die?
- How can I assess if I am even asking the right/appropriate questions to address a problem, and adjust accordingly?
- How can I remind myself to reflect upon these problems instead of being distracted by the problem/fire of the day? 🙂
- When there is a problem, look upstream or downstream. E.g. it might seem like Capture is the problem, but it's actually Organize (downstream) that is the problem
2021-11-10 Live Session 2
- Important think about limiting the kinds of content we want to capture
- Information diet is like a real diet. Don't need to eat everything.
- Projects have to be "in motion," it's happening, it's happening! No zombie projects allowed. Remain sensitive and connected to every project item.
- Brainstorm about my project list (might be moved to areas)
- Life admin: sort out passport issue
- Sort out financial items
- Clean up crypto
- Compassion Accelerator
- Write of passage:
- Set up writing system with distribution goals
- Set up system for optimizing time for meditation and personal growth
- Alliance for Bhikkhunis
- Evening Drama Rebooted
- It's nice to be able to hide everything back into 4 neat boxes!
- Recommend keeping projects small
- Projects: (missed taking screenshot)
- Example Area note
- Projects: portion of your life you will never get back
- Example timeline for publishing a book, the traditional way
- Critical chain theory of constraints says do things as LATE as possible, rather than as early as possible, because it's more effective that way
(Missed Live Session 3)
Live Session 4 2021-12-01
If you like these notes, go to https://christinchong.com for more notes & essays ❤️🔥 You can support my notetaking efforts by any of the following: 🗞️ Subscribe to my newsletter 🐦 Follow and DM me on Twitter 👩🏻💻 Schedule a chat ❤️🔥 Sign up for the Compassion Accelerator community 🍵 Buy honeyritual tea (use CHRISTINSFRIEND10 for 10% off)