Apr 17, 2023 12:23 AM
The Money Slide
Nuanced Key Points
- Treat everything you build like a startup - validate ideas with 10 people first
- Be in the RIGHT crowd, it’s not necessarily Twitter
- First batch of audience are partners, not customers
- Content breakdowns:
- 40% building in public
- 20% wisdom
- 20% support other people
- 20% personality
- People DON’T want learning in public! People want BUILD in public.
Questions for Kevon
- What do you if you have multiple ideas/ workstreams?
- Aim for the same audience
- Use separate waitlists
- What IS confusing is that people have different businesses serving different audiences - much harder to build a strong audience
- What about people like @visakan who post all the time?
- Different strategies work for different people, but Kevon believes and lives his strategy that he has shared with us here.
Art of Presenting
- Kevon got everyone to dance in the beginning like in the Groot gif, great way to pump crowd energy
Bhavani’s Awesome Twitter Thread
(Click on the thread above to see all the tweets! I need to set up an “unroll” ^_^;)
What to do and what not to do
- What not to do
- Wisdom bombs don’t work b/c they rely on credibility
- Random stuff
- Stop posting about your niche!
- What to do
- Show your work b/c it’s unique to you, always fresh, mini-trust building point, always works regardless of algos
- Spiky point of view
- Ask genuine questions (don’t fish for engagement!)
- Only ask questions if you are actually going to implement the feedback in your work
- 2 tweets a weekday scheduled is enough
- Take async-ly good care of the 1 person who shows up on your tweets
- Invite to help 3 people for free