👋🏼 Hello! Welcome to 2021's version of christinchong.com—a commonplace / 筆記 where I share as much of my consciousness 🧠 in public as possible, with the goal of improving information capture and clarity of thinking.
3 Facts About Me:
- 👩🏻🔬 I am a neuroscientist at heart and enjoys investigating consciousness through the buddhist lens.
- 🧬 My work history continues to evolve—from science research in the lab, to biotech marketing, to starting a tea company based on traditional asian remedies.
- You can visit my Life in Weeks to review my life timeline so far.
- 🏔️ I'm often found outdoors in the Sierra Nevada, hiking, fishing, and foraging with my wife and friends.
- My Now page might tell you what I'm up to at this very moment. If I was good about updating it. 😇
3 Projects I'm Working On:
- 🍵 Co-founder of **Honeyritual Tea** - Where traditional asian remedies meet modern science!
- ☸️. Treasurer of **Alliance for Bhikkhunis** - "Bhikkhuni" is an ancient Pali word that means "fully ordained female monastic," and in the Theravadan buddhist tradition, monastics are completely reliant on the lay community for support. AfB aims to support bhikkhunis through their devotion to relieve the world of suffering.
- 🎙️ Co-host of Evening Drama: Rebooted - The world's first US-Malaysia variety show on creativity, motivation, tech and gaming! Join George, Seng Yip, and me as we discuss how to keep creative work going even during tough times.
3 Things I'm Interested In:
- 🏋🏻♀️ Tactical strength and conditioning at **Fullgrip Barbell**
- 🎵 Noodling on the ukulele and native american flute on occasion
- 🤷🏻♀️ Making lists, apparently